We've Got You Covered Wigs - When Your Hair Won't...A Wig Will

It's a Party
Thanksgiving
Wow, great hair
powered by

My Blog

Why a Wig Shop???

As I’ve been out in the community promoting my wig business a common question keeps coming up….How did you get started in the wig business?  “Well”, I say, “It’s a funny story.”

I would have never thought that when I put a wig on my head over 5 years ago that today I would be selling wigs.  At that time I had short hair and I thought it would be fun to have a long wig to wear once in awhile.  I really missed my long hair but I wasn’t willing at that time to go through the “grow out” period.  I was amazed when people would make comments about what beautiful long hair I had…it’s a wig!

Early this year I had decided to grow my hair out.  It was time. My hair had been short for over a decade and I was feeling a need for change.  I had forgotten how painful it was to grow out straight stringy hair!!!

One day I decided that enough was enough.  I would just have to hide my “real” head of hair, for a while, under a wig.  I visited a local wig shop to pick out my new hair style. While looking around for the perfect wig a lady came up to me and asked me if I was a cancer survivor.  I assured her that I was not but that I really just enjoyed wearing wigs.  She told me that she was a cancer survivor and that she would be getting her first round of chemo in a couple days.  She was there with her daughter to pick out a wig.  I asked her what style she was looking for.  She said that she didn’t know and that she had left the wig shop last week crying.

I assured her that a wig was a fun item to own.  I knew that she was going through so much in her life and that a wig should not be seen as a bad thing.   We visited for a few minutes and then we got down to business.  She sat down in the chair and started trying on wigs.  I felt so fortunate to be a part of her life that day!  As I left the wig shop  I thanked God for showing me a different perspective on life.

A couple weeks later I was with a friend of mine who LOVED my new wig.  She wanted a wig too!  I told her I knew exactly where she could pick one up.  While we were in the wig shop picking out the perfect wig I told the owner that someday I would be in there selling wigs with her.  She told me that she was thinking about selling her wig shop and I should buy it.  I said, “Maybe I will.”  At that moment I felt like a bolt of lightning had hit me.

Of course it took me a couple of months to think about what I would want my wig shop to look like.   I really wanted to provide a shop that would invite people in and would make them feel comfortable and at home.  I also wanted a shop that would promote wigs for cancer patients as well as non-cancer patients.  I wanted a wig to be fun, freeing and an accessory.  I prayed a lot about it.

Hey, what if I brought my wig shop to my customer’s homes?  And, the rest is history.

I feel privileged to be able to share my wig shop with all of you!  When you’re ready for a hair makeover give me a call….I can’t wait to meet you!  515-278-4880

16 Comments to Why a Wig Shop???:

Comments RSS
click read more on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:28 PM

Evening Dresses uk on Friday, August 23, 2013 6:03 AM
Hello there, I discovered your site by the use of Google while searching for a comparable topic, your website got here up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Mens hairpieces on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:01 AM
It was excellent to come across your concept of a wig store. I discovered it very exciting and useful as well. Thank You.

Adriene Pola on Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:07 AM
I don't think this kind of experience at the first time is too much bothering moreover; sometime it gives inspiration and enhances the pace of the flow so I guess you've got useful support from the happening at the early stage of your wig business. Keep going on......

MCITP on Monday, March 25, 2013 3:36 AM
It wont be long until the festive season is upon us. You have provided me with much needed inspiration, thank you.

china tour packages from india on Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:49 PM
Hey there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great job.
Reply to comment

dedicate Jewelry enable sporters pursue it Manolo Blahnik on Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:29 AM
just like the improvements of the style ,the vogue folks 's face is not just limited in your Jewelry 's accessories but underline the holistic collocation , you actually should be fashionable enough from head to foot, and as you can only be a favorite folks .The pandora sale build a novel earrings for women what is incredibly come across line with

Pharmacy Supplier on Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:58 PM
You've shared a terrific topic. Thanks for this wonderful sharing and want to know more detail so please continue...

Fashion shoes brands on Thursday, March 06, 2014 6:26 AM
This is a really outstanding post I found some really productive information here.! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work You have done an amazing job!

strona www on Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:29 AM
Fencing for many money needs to be not simply great and want to consider the situation for usefulness not to mention appearance

Office Supplies Melbourne on Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:05 PM
I also plan to do my Masters from Singapore. Your experience was very useful!

strony internetowe on Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:38 AM
the level is that it basically fails to dried out out only rot the actual expand creative impact not to mention considerably spoil

fake omega on Thursday, March 31, 2016 8:35 PM
I assured her that I was not but that I really just enjoyed wearing wigs.

rolex replica on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:59 PM
It was time. My hair had been short for over a decade and I was feeling a need for change.

polo ralph lauren on Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:12 AM
I had forgotten how painful it was to grow out straight stringy hair.

jim lee on Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:13 AM
I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.